10 most popular franchises list has the start up fees for each business as well as the percentage of the new startups that have failed, giving you an idea of the success rate.
The list of the hottest business to own gives you a look at the most successful ways to start a business with a lot of support and coaching
Please note that this is a long term look at the best franchises to buy. Many people look at what’s hot right now, but that doesn’t always mean long term success and this is a list of franchises where owners have been able to pay back the start up loans.
Here’s the list:
1. Subway – startup fee $15,000, Failure rate: 7%
2. Quiznos – startup fee $25,000 or $20,000 with restaurant mgmt. experience,
Failure rate: 25%
3. The UPS Store – startup fee $30,000, Failure rate: 12%
4. Cold Stone Creamery – startup fee $30,000, Failure rate: 31%
5. Dairy Queen – startup fee $35,000, Failure rate: 8%
6. Dunkin Donuts – startup fee $40,000 to $80,000, Failure rate: 8%
7. Super 8 Motel – startup fee Contact Wyndamn Hotel Group, Failure rate: 4%
8. Days Inn – startup fee Contact Wyndamn Hotel Group, Failure rate: 6%
9. Curves for Women – startup fee $39,900, Failure rate: 16%
10. Matco Tools – startup fee ZERO, Failure rate: 36%