Lukaku realises Chelsea dream

Written By MR on Friday, August 19, 2011 | Friday, August 19, 2011




Romelu Lukaku, the Belgian billed as the next Didier Drogba, has completed his long awaited transfer to Chelsea, and is relishing a dream come true.

The 18-year-old has watched the Blues since he was young, and now takes up the number 18 shirt alongside his heroes at Stamford Bridge.

“It's a dream come true. I dreamed to play here since I was 10 years old, thinking about shaking hands with all those players like John Terry and Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba,” he said.

 The comparison to the latter has flattered the youngster, who already has a fantastic record for club and country.

He said: “It's nice, I like it a lot. We have similar playing styles, but I am also very fast. I want to learn off him how it is to play here at the Bridge and how to prepare for games. “

Lukaku’s goal scoring ability puts his record at nearly a goal for every two games played, and this he puts down to hard work and discipline.

He said: “I am quite a clinical finisher, with my right or my left foot, but I try to improve myself every day and like to do individual training after sessions to improve myself continuously.





“It's very important for a young guy to improve in training and to show the coach that if he needs him he is ready.”

It was Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s volley against Manchester United in 2000 that first got Lukaku’s blue blood flowing, and ten years later the Belgian international is now brimming with confidence as Chelsea enter their latest campaign for the Barclays Premier League’s 2010/2011 season.

The striker said: “I said from day one that I wanted to go to Chelsea. I just want to win something so I am very hungry to start with these guys.

“I understand there is a lot of pressure on the team but with the players that we have, so much experience and so much talent, and with a great boss also, you can see that we can be confident we can make a successful season.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment